We got six-and-a-half inches of beautiful, powdery snow on Friday. Perfect for sledding! (Not so perfect for social workers who don't love driving in the white stuff.)
Jeremy had a busy day at work on Saturday, so I decided to take Lil' Miss and her buddy, Miss H, to our local sledding hill. (I have to tell you that this hill does not compare to the sledding hills I remember from growing up. There's something about sledding in a state where speed bumps aren't considered higher elevations. Either that or the sledding hills of my childhood are just big in my memory. I was kind of little back then.)
Here are the girls, all bundled up and ready for an adventure.
The weather was perfect, and the hill was full of kids sledding and snowboarding. Here are the girls on the sled Lil' Miss got for Christmas.
You can't really tell in this picture, but the sled is black and sort of odd looking. It's fast, though. A friend we ran into at the sledding hill suggested we name it the "Greased Booger". (Not really sure I could say that with a straight face. "Honey, could you please grab the Greased Booger out of the trunk.")
Lil' Miss has gotten super brave. She found a friend from church who is in first grade, and the two of them went down together over and over again. Miss H was brave too. She actually went down once all by herself, and this was her first time on a sled! (No, I'm not a bad babysitter. We're talking Midwestern sledding hill here.)
Lil' Miss and Miss H went down together a few times. It was pretty hilarious watching them try to get back up the hill. Lil' Miss was sure she could pull Miss H and the sled.
Here's a picture just for 'Buela. My mom loves "butt shots". (Yes, my rear end is all over our family photo albums. Lovely, I know.)
It was a wonderful way to spend a snowy Saturday afternoon. When the sun started to go down, we headed to the local coffee shop for vanilla chai (for me) and hot chocolate (for the girlies). Fun day!
**********************************************
Quick adoption update...Our social worker didn't make it up for our home visit on Saturday. Please pray that she is able to come next Saturday! We are headed down to see her tomorrow. If she is able to come on Saturday, we'll just have one visit left (at her office) before she can write our home study.
Quick adoption update...Our social worker didn't make it up for our home visit on Saturday. Please pray that she is able to come next Saturday! We are headed down to see her tomorrow. If she is able to come on Saturday, we'll just have one visit left (at her office) before she can write our home study.
Some of you might remember this post, where I shared a picture another China mommy passed along to me. This mama is adopting a little guy from our son's orphanage who is a month younger than our little man. She just emailed me another picture. Yay!
Her son is on the right in the purple, and she thinks our son is sitting next to him (in the blue-and-green striped sweater). What do you think?
Here's the really amazing thing. If this is our little man, he's sitting between two boys who are in the process of being adopted...by families who live in the next state! His two buddies will be just a three-and-a-half hour drive from our house. How awesome is that?

Hi Tonya!
ReplyDeleteThat's my little man with the big grin!! What a treat to have a picture of all our little guys together!!
Ya! Kieren found the blog! I hoped you didn't mind I shared with another Shanghai mama! I love coming here and thinking of our boys giggling together!
ReplyDeleteKieren and Deb - Thanks for stopping by! I love this picture too. I am super excited to get to know you both better! :)
ReplyDelete