Saturday, February 18, 2012

Meet Timmy

I'm slowly learning how the China adoption process works.  Every country's process is incredibly different, so I'm feeling like a total newbie again after spending months researching Eastern Europe.  

One part of the process that is unique to China is that some waiting children are assigned to specific agencies for advocacy.  The agency is given about three months to find families for those children, and they are the only agency who can request a family be matched with one of those children during that time.  There are pros and cons to this (and I'm not even going to delve into them here), but that's the way it is right now.

Our agency received a new group of children (dubbed Special Focus Group 5) the day we sent in our China Pre-Application.  Quite a few of these kiddos have found families - yay!  Unfortunately, there are several precious little ones still waiting; most of them are sweet boys.  (It seems to be that most people think "baby girl" when they consider adopting from China.  In reality, however, most of the children currently waiting - about 65% - are boys.  These sweet little guys often have a hard time finding families.)

One of our agency's waiting children has stolen my heart, and I would love to see him find his family.  His agency name is Timmy (not his real name).  Our agency will only have Timmy's file for a few more days, so I'm praying he can find his family very soon!

Meet Timmy.

 
I know, he's pretty much stinkin' adorable.  

Timmy's diagnosis is mild CP.  Wait!  Don't stop reading!  I know CP sounds scary, but I've recently had the opportunity to "meet" several children with CP online, and they have amazing potential.  (You can click here to meet my friend's little girl, Vi.  She has a similar diagnosis to Timmy and is absolutely capable and precious!  How can you not love that toothless grin?)  CP is not progressive; Timmy will only continue to improve in his physical mobility.  Also, Timmy has the awesome advantage of living in a physical therapy center.  He is making great progress there, and recently started walking.  (He sure looks steady on his feet to me!)

If you are interested in more information about Timmy, please email me at whatitmeans2beheld@gmail.com.  I would love to answer your questions (if I can) and/or connect you with our agency so you can review Timmy's file.

You do not need to have started the adoption process to commit to Timmy.  Also, if you have started the process to adopt from China with another agency or if you would prefer to choose your own agency, our agency is willing to transfer Timmy's file to keep him from waiting any longer.

Thanks for taking a few minutes to meet this precious boy.  I'm praying that he has a mama and papa to give these kisses to very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment